Sunday, March 04, 2007

beatnick




Im out here in New Zealand....somewhere....I've been up around the tasman N.P. on a two day hike, Arthur's Pass N.P. on a summit of an 8,000 foot mountain, but the start was at sea level so it was a pretty grueling hike. Most of it required climbing with hands and feet and negotiating some sketchy scree, or loose rock avalanche areas. I was also up at Mt. Cook. N.P. (pictured) on a some hikes....I was able to get to within like 3 feet of these seals at a small seal colony (pictured is a barking baby who kept following me around) on my hike along the tasman coast. other than that, biked once so far, doin a 26 km loop tomorrow. Pretty much been living out of a tent for the last 10 days or so, with an occasional pitstop at a bunk house or cabin. The country only gets prettier the further south you go (well, only cuz i've been living by the beach so long that the mountains are what is truly grabbing me now). enjoy the pictures, take care and leave a message!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Graham,

Are you (a) hiking alone or (b) teaming up with people? That was a quiz. The correct answer is (b).
I hope you'll keep us posted as to your itinerary. I don't think the US State Department is very competent, in case we have to start a search.
The pics are great and I know your having the time of your life..I just want it to be a long life.

Love, Pops

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW G,

Is is possible to access your blog guest comments
and clean them up, like remove the spam, etc.?
If you email me the access info I'll do it for you.
Also, maybe I can square up some of the posted pics.

Hike safely!

Love, Pops

5:46 PM  
Blogger Classix said...

Dad,
can you a.) email me or b.) call me with these requests and warnings...just a simple nice picture or hi on here...

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Graham - it's Carla - How awesome to be so close to the seals and the landscape is absolutely breathtaking. This is a once in a lifetime experience and it's so cool to be doing what you are doing. I admire your adventurism, but please, please be careful.

We want to hear about all these wild experiences from you in person. Can't wait to see you in a couple of months.

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Graham,

Wow. These pics are amazing. The baby seal video is wonderful. The shots of the mountains and surrounding landscape are so clear and breathtaking. Looks like the weather is spectacular. Can't wait to see and hear more.

I'll be calling you again soon.

Much love,

Mom

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home