Monday, March 05, 2007






so here are some more picture for you guys..I've got a couple more from my abel tasman walk, and then I have the impressive Aoraki backdrop, which includes 6,000 feet of these glacier/steppes of snow and ice. While I was there actually, a big chunk of the face you're looking at came crashing down. It made what sounded like a dynamite blast echo down the valley. It reminds me alot of Lord Of The Rings around here, and sure enough, they filmed most of the natural scenery down in this region, and a little bit further to the south in Otago. I think the major battles, like Isengaard, were mostly filmed where I am, around Twizel, where it is rolling plains and big mountains in the background. I've got one more of a River Eel which I encountered while hiking around. I guess there are a lot of these guys living around the streams in New Zealand. This particular one was close to 3 feet, but very thick. (insert absurd joke here). Oh yeah, and don't forget about me looking cool as usual in my tramping hat...I've fallen in love with this hat and I'm sure I won't lay it to rest until it is a light turquoise color and has rips and tears all over it.....ok enjoy!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You DO look great in that hat, Graham. Great pictures. They are breathtaking. I loved the baby seal video. Keep them coming.

Love you, miss you.

Mom

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home